• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Outstanding pic's all around, great work every one I love veiligglas, I know this is an old post looked @ it many time's, I understand Winnie is gone now, a great loss to the marble community, My condolences to all who knew her, a very committed woman I understand. Wish I could get my hand's on some flames or a nice swirlin color blend, very hard to find now, all I have is the basic  two color pull's, I'm not complaining they are still beauties to me. Here's a repost of my cleanest and best one. I mean man some of these mib's just blow me away. :o

1 (424).JPG

1 (425).JPG

Thanks Chad the only place i know to find Veiligglas is on ebay Uk mate but don't go bidding on any the competition is already tough enough for the good one's Lol Surprisingly & Lucky for me no one really wanted these but that first picture which was the only picture in the listing it was pot luck whether the condition was going to be any good always a gamble on a box lot 

Good luck indeed, a great group in great condition, I only have 1 good one, very basic white and blue pull, Exhibiting none of the flame like traits of yours, those last three are exactly what keep my motor runnin, thanks for postin the great pics, gives me a little hope,  and very nice to look @ in the meantime !! I could get lost in that last one. I wants me share "AARRR"  :pirate: Thanks again for showing and sharing some outstanding examples :thup:    Chad G. 

( P.S. ) I went to Perth when I was in the Navy 37 years ago, didn't want to leave then and would like to return, great memories.

This thread is one of the reasons I kept returning to this site and ended up being a member. Steph did a great job posting this thread, and Winnie posted some great pics, definitely some of the most beautiful mibs I've ever seen. I'm a sucker for any mib w/ a flame type pattern, Thanks all !! Keep em comin.:thup::thup:

Thanks a lot Chad , yes i remember back in the 80's when the US navy used to come to Fremantle 

Couple new one's i was lucky enough to snag , both these ive seen here in a codeg box have wanted example's for age's now so very happy to finally land some  

1-2020-09-281.jpg

1-2020-09-029.jpg

Wish I would have been into mibs when I was in Perth, those and the others would all be in my box !! Wish my blue and white was a little more exotic, i think both blue and white where the most common colors, together or separately, oh well @ least i have a few. Keep sharing, love the pics, good variety. Thanks much

On 9/28/2020 at 9:04 PM, godown said:

Thanks a lot Chad , yes i remember back in the 80's when the US navy used to come to Fremantle 

Couple new one's i was lucky enough to snag , both these ive seen here in a codeg box have wanted example's for age's now so very happy to finally land some  

1-2020-09-281.jpg

1-2020-09-029.jpg

82 - 84 when I was in Perth, I sure didn't want to leave, I remember a place called "pinocios " the pool balls over there are as big as pig pong ball's. I remember thinking I was pretty good @ it till I played a local, treated with great respect there. Thanks again for  :D   the great pics

• 1 month later...

I remember Pinocios Chad  😅 went there a few time's myself

New pick up for the collection which im over the moon to get an original 1950's Fairylite box , Fairylite were an import / export jobber  , these wire pulls & swirls are all right round the inch 

OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA.jpg