Your Favorite "reds."

Besides you all... I don't know too many folks who really LOVE marbles. Except one friend in our sporting dog club... and his friend. We will be moving out of state soon so I asked him....

What is your favorite color marble? He said red. I plan to gift him a few of my reds...

But what are YOUR favorite reds. If you could gift someone nice... maybe four?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is Marlo Keith's Ruby Slippers, found on Pinterest. Made by Peltier.

I don't think I have one.

Simply elegant.

med_gallery_279_56_1602.jpg

I don't know if it is a "Ruby Slippers" or a "Ruby Slipper" though. Heard it both ways. :)

Steph, very nice and i like them also. Red transparent glass in the bases of peltier are not that easy to find. These can be found now and then with some looking. Two types i have found, internal cross-thru white ribbons and then the external white ribbons ribbons on the surface. You will find the other colored transparent base ones a little easier than red. Chuck G--

Oh, those are nice!

They take my mind off of the obsession with having Alan's box of Cardinal Reds next to my box of Cerises. In reality. In my house.

Cool background on that box:

I purchased the box from the elderly gentleman who received them for Christmas when he was "7 or 8 years old". He had kept the box all these years.

IMG_3868.jpg

completely amazing someone could keep something from when they were 7 years old.

His hands were shaking so much from emotion when he handed them to me - I told his adult son that I didn't want to take them away from him. He had a lot of memories tied up in the box. They had to have a family discussion and the gentleman smiled and told me that he was ready to pass them on to someone else. His memory of pulling the box out as a boy and looking at it were vivid.

That is a dandy marble, but it looks a lot different than the ones in the Bloody boxes I have seen.

Here are Mibstified's Christensen Agate Bloodies . . .

post-279-1191118745.jpg

It seems like there is such variation in this group that "CAC Bloody" has little if any meaning. In addition, I could not distinguish some of these marbles from dug Alley examples.

Thanks Ric!

I just went in search of information and found that Peltier did make a Bloodie in the NLR line, I think most of the boxed Pelts are the Rainbos.

I put this one up for identification a few months back and Peltier was decided on. There is a very good chance that I am also clueless lol, this is a new area for me.

I don't doubt it's a Peltier, and a nice one too. I am just trying to figure out what the range of "Bloodies" look like. It seems there is so much variation within that 'group' that it hardly means anything.