I Have My Thoughts . . .

Ric

Okay, so the middle one does look a lot like a Rainbo but I must say I am not entirely convinced - something seems different about it.

Regardless, I am more interested in the left and right marbles. They are obviously made by the same maker. The glass, colors, pattern and quality look more Kokomo than Peltier IMO. I know others have (seen) these marbles. Does anyone else have thoughts about them?

Ric605_zpsemgjngkd.jpg

In with some others. Please let me know if you think any of these are not Kokomo.

Ric639_zpsudy9ihjg.jpg

That1 has indicated that he thinks they might be MK and would have the upper right one as a Peltier. I know it looks Woody-ish. Has anyone seen similar dug or in Pelt packaging?

I'd be inclined to agree the two outside ones are Kokomo. From what I understand about them, that is.

For the middle one I wondered about the MK swirl thing too, but the few I've seen (along with those published in Gerald Wichter's article) have all had basic red, blue, yellow, and green ribbons. No pink. And the pattern isn't exactly the same. But who knows. Here are the 2 MK swirls I have photos of -- ones I lost in a Bob Byard auction a long time ago . . .

post-2163-0-91324200-1453936433_thumb.jp

Thanks for the thoughts, Ann. I am pretty confident that if the middle one isn't a Peltier, it's a Vacor (In fact, I am leaning that way). We know they can look pretty close structure-wise, and the colors and glass just don't strike me as Peltier. And I agree about the MK swirls, the ones I have had and seen are tricolors too. But it seems probable that they made (and perhaps discarded) versions with fewer colors too, don't you think?

I agree about the MK swirls, the ones I have had and seen are tricolors too. But it seems probable that they made (and perhaps discarded) versions with fewer colors too, don't you think?

I do.. Even if discarded, as you suggest. Be nice to stumble on one!