Hoody, any updates?

Steph

Hi Steph,

thank you for still remembering me. Currently I am not so dedicated to new projects but getting the exisiting run to topmost performance. In a few weeks I start joining some exhibitions. Still there are some details I need to rework, too many marbles get lost during operation. I will put some pics (including the new decorations) to the gallery afterwards. Mid of June or so.

Maybe I build an -censored- afterwards.

• 4 months later...

Oh, I almost forgot this thread. Unfortunately there are not so much pictures taken from the events as I really planned to do. At Hannover's Maker Faire I forgot the recharger for the camera and its battery was almost empty from start :computer-22:, at Sigmaringen the light was terrible. We had to stay indoors due to the heavy rain.

But at least we had fun! Lot's of people came around and were fascinated by all the constructions. The first 2 days everything went perfectly, then on the last day I had severe trouble with one lifting mechanism. Here you find some impressions - sorry for the German commenting - if any: https://www.ftcommunity.de/details.php?image_id=43490

A week later there was a playing activity in Sigmaringen "Baden-Württemberg Spielt". No time to really fix the issues from Hannover but although it works nearly the whole day with intensive care. This picture I took directly after assembly: https://www.ftcommunity.de/details.php?image_id=43692

The higher tower on the right hand side is a light house. The optic really works fine and draw additional attention to the marble run. The height of the tower is intentionally adjusted to average eye level which gives short light flashes when the lights are operated.

But this has been the only obvious work spent to my projects since then - :(.  I am still trying to fix the issues and this means lots of work to very small construction details.

Maybe you want to have a look to the place where I try to give some coarse documentation on the details of the different stations and effects: https://www.ftcommunity.de/categories.php?cat_id=3146. It is a german site, just click the blue links and then you see pictures of several building blocks. I am still not ready with all material that has accumulated so check back later on. Even the outtakes will creep in from time to time ...

• 1 month later...

Feel free to use a translator. I tried to give some english descriptions aside the german ones - hope its understandable. But the translations are not very close sometimes.

Now the highlight of this years events is getting closer and closer: our fischertechnik convention near Frankfurt am Main (Germany, where else?). All the issues I experienced in Hannover and Sigmaringen have been addressed and reworked. I am really nervous if all the readjustments and technical rework of the past weeks survive the transport and reassembly.