22% B.P

Will the seller believe the promise a next time ? Will the seller make others aware of the promise ?  Or will the buyers premium just keep going higher and more wide spread with more promises.  As long as people keep paying it why not fill the pockets as long as possible.  Maybe 35%-45% buyers premium why not.  What is there to lose as long as someone pays it ?  It can be 20% or 70% buyers premium. It will not affect me because I will not be bidding. There is no item that I need to have that bad from any auction service. 

The Buyers premium is defiantly a consideration for both the buyer and seller.  I try to get an idea on what a item is worth when I am considering cosigning the item as a seller,

I then figure out what I could make if use the Auction house/ebay(seller fees) if the marble sells at the high end of my value estimate. 

If I can get any more for the marble in a private sale after the fees I will happily sell the marble for less and make more than if I would have Cosigned or ebayed the item.

On the buying side I always consider the BP in my value/high bid on an Item

I understand the Auctions needing to make money but getting a huge premium on both sides of the sale only benefits them not the buyer or the seller.on

Just my thoughts on BP's

Also some of these Auction houses also gouge on Shipping and Handling. 

I purchased a $700 lot of marbles from Morphy's got charged 30+ for shipping and the marbles were rattling around the box when delivered.

Thanks

Ron

Stuff like this is why I don't buy or sell in auctions, other than ebay. Sellers fees really aren't that bad if you have a basic subscription and are a top rated seller. On average I pay around 11.5 - 12% between ebay and paypal, and I don't find that unreasonable at all, especially when compared to what you usually have to give up on consignment. Also ebay has one less hand in the pot, as with liveauctioneers, they are basically an unnecessary part of the process, and are driving up fees and lowering realized auction prices.

Edited by sclsu
Added thought

10 hours ago, greg11 said:

what is the profit after ebay and paypal fee's on this lot...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Qc-MARBLES-USED-Nice-Lot-No-12F-Akro-Christensen-Peltier-5-8-Inch-Approx-/231887477963?hash=item35fd921ccb:g:~UkAAOSwAvJW8qlS

Let's see 5.00 standard shipping + 1.50 = 6.50 

-1.00 ebay

-2.60 shipping 

2.90 profit on 10 cent marble