greg11

RARE WET MINT

I think the moment somebody finds an old marble they check prices on ebay and go hog wild when they see the fake inflated listings, and their imagination and greed gets the best of them.

Pawn masters strikes again! :)

On their listing:

We are not marble graders please grade yourself we give our opinion

They're not marble graders, apparently they aren't human beings with functioning eyes either.

I actually purchased some marbles from Pawn-Masters back in OCT/NOV and they were correctly ID and graded.  I think he made some big coin on some of his first marble sales (he had some good stuff for sale) and is trying to make money now on marbles.

I've bought one set of Vitro Cats-eyes from them. One was as described, second one was no where near. Price was too small to complain, but I'll never buy another marble from them.

What the heck???? And he/she got three bids. As P.T. Barnum said many years ago. There's a sucker born every minute.

1 hour ago, orbboy said:

Mint.

Oh my!

It's actually visually appealing.  And think of the history.  But. Oh. My. 

I know for a fact he is personally polishing marbles or has a guy that polishes marbles. That is why I stopped selling to him.

I bought a marble from them, came today.  Not as described, not even the same marble or similar size.  Seems they didn't like the sale price and sent me a ringer that's obviously bogus.  Shady stuff, we will see how they reply 

Ah, pawn masters.... Yeah I bought a couple from this guy. Both described as "wet mint". They were severely polished. The price was low, so I didn't say anything negative. You usually get what you pay for on the bay.

-Andrew