Steph

3D printed marble machines

And here's someone who prints up larger components to make less-assembly-required machines.

Here's one more little one ... not sure who it's designed by ... maybe the person in post #2 ... but assembled by someone else.   (He downloaded the instructions from thingiverse.com.) (You can click the titles to get to youtube to see what the video owners had to say about them.)

The idea behind is really nice - :thup:

I personally dislike the 4-guiding-rails design. In the version shown the segments need clamping support by cable ties, another drawback. May the guy improve his design further and solve the stability issue.

2 hours ago, Hoody said:

The idea behind is really nice - :thup:

I personally dislike the 4-guiding-rails design. In the version shown the segments need clamping support by cable ties, another drawback. May the guy improve his design further and solve the stability issue.

It's her design not his :). It's an impressive piece of work for a 14 year old, but yes it could be more stable.

Yes, you are right. Meanwhile I read the makezine article and have to revert my comment a ittle bit. For a 14 year old girl this is fine work, I fully agree.

I also have a 3D printed marble machine, i have the blue one with the gear (in the 3rd post) and then modified it and added my own mazes.