Nice article about Peltier Glass

akronmarbles

Oh neat.  This is a new one to me. 

Don't want to miss any details.  I do love the things which are sort of like what we know but are a few degrees off from how we think of them.  Such as "Rainbow Stripe" as a Peltier style name. 

Now a Berry Pink mention!

(heh, just made a couple of notes while I was reading along)

The fight against Japanese marbles starting 1940 or earlier. Now thats some interesting info.   We might need to adjust our thinking how old Japanes cateyes are,  I wish I would have seen (or maybe remember) the date Sellers took his trip to Japan to check out their manufacturing processes. I always imagined it was post war but this article is during Japans war against China and just before WWII. 

This reference could be the Japanese patches.  (And maybe the transitionals.)

I think of the Reg'lar Fellers puzzle boxes with the patches in them.

I have seen both 1931 and 1938 announcements for Reg'lar Fellers marketing tie-ins on toys.  So I use those to help anchor my best guesses on the mushroom marbles and such. 

3 hours ago, Steph said:

This reference could be the Japanese patches.  (And maybe the transitionals.)

I think of the Reg'lar Fellers puzzle boxes with the patches in them.

I have seen both 1931 and 1938 announcements for Reg'lar Fellers marketing tie-ins on toys.  So I use those to help anchor my best guesses on the mushroom marbles and such. 

Yes the mushroom types and other patches,the transitionals and fig8 types,for me everything indicates that these marbles are made before the second world war.