Lost my Pelt Flip Flop!

Steph

I had a Pelt Flip Flop picture, and now I can't find it.  One which was all nicely labelled to explain the Flip Flop concept.    And now I can't find the photo and my meager Pelt collection is packed away for our move.

Anyone up for taking some pix of Pelts angled to illustrate the flip flop pattern in the ribbons?  

Found my old flip flop teaching pictures  but don't let that stop more examples from being posted!  My examples were limited -- both with transparent bases -- and with this subject it is definitely the more the merrier.

PeltFlipFlop001_Marblealan.jpg

PeltFlipFlop002_BobBlock.jpg

Everyone is very correct and it is good to see the west getting in line with the east. These are few terms that the newbies may want to remember and study when it comes to the pelts. Flip-Flop, Bifurcate, Cris-Cross, Cross-Thrus and Family types and so on. Learning generalized categories is just as good as names, it all helps the hobby.  Chuck G--

:thup:  Thanks, Paul.

Maybe later if I'm feeling very naughty I'll add some examples which have multi-color ribbons but NOT the flip-flop.  But for now I'll behave.   It's a good pattern to recognize for Pelt ID's. We talk about it when we're helping in the ID section but pictures are worth a thousand words.

I really like Flip Flops, I pick them up whenever I find a different one. I find the Bifurcated Pelts to be really HTF, pretty sure I only have one beat up example I'd love to see some pics of others if anyone has any B)

Ok. So how do flip flops happen? Base glass coming from main furnace. Ribbons on smaller side furnaces. Glass is sheared off and drops onto rollers.

But, that means that ribbons should match up and obviously they don't always do.

So what happens? I've been thinking about it, but still haven't come up with a a good solution. Ideas?

38 minutes ago, JerryG said:

Ok. So how do flip flops happen? Base glass coming from main furnace. Ribbons on smaller side furnaces. Glass is sheared off and drops onto rollers.

But, that means that ribbons should match up and obviously they don't always do.

So what happens? I've been thinking about it, but still haven't come up with a a good solution. Ideas?

Thanks! Can't wait to get home and see if I have any so I can see what the glass is doing. 

19 hours ago, lstmmrbls said:

There are 6 channels (3 each on opposite sides) that carry glass to the base glass stream.  Each channel has its own color.  The flip flop pattern is how Peltier layed it out for many marbles

Galen 

That's interesting, I would have thought the colors crossing from one side to the other would have been in the rolling process. Now I have to have some! :o

20 hours ago, lstmmrbls said:

There are 6 channels (3 each on opposite sides) that carry glass to the base glass stream.  Each channel has its own color.  The flip flop pattern is how Peltier layed it out for many marbles

Duh!! I was trying to figure out some complicated way and it's this simple. Thanks Galen.