Found this single Pontil Oxblood

Sorry, 7/8", I spotted it in a group on eBay UK, no other interesting marbles to the group, the photo of the group wasn't close enough to show the Ox swirl.

I watched them for a week with no bidders, at the last second there was a second bidder, but managed to win for a very modest sum.

It is in super mint condition, the Oxblood patch on the left of the image has an unusual extra swirl independent to the swirl at the upper pole!

Well i've got a long way to go spotting the good one`s Matt your pic above i would have thought bulgarian or some such similar and the ebay shot posted by orbboy i would have thought stone agate with a bulls eye end

Lol  

good eye

not the first time i've been fooled by pictures and probably not the last 

Craig

1 hour ago, Mattshaw1953 said:

Ha ha that's funny "I'll have that", belly laugh's my friend, ( oh look....that antique 24 lobed 2" Onionskin with mica is grouped with some vacor, pooh it must be modern!)

Oh dear!, I'm pretty sure Dave doesn't need more pics?............

Yeah I chuckled a bit too, glad you got the joke.

Didn't say the one in question was modern, but surely you agree it's an exception to the rest of the group (which was my point). 

Believe me, I've come across diamonds in the rough, and if that's the case great! and congrats! 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, popeyecollector said:

Hmmmmmm ...  7/8" is very close to 15/16"  and a mint surface on a vintage marble with oxblood.  Doesn't any one even think ---- Bulgarian?

A very high likelihood that it is modern Bulgarian.