Time for a Moon/Moonie thread

Steph

Okay!  Then someone get us started!  

MY picture taking has NOT come all that far!  I'm still way behind.  And my marbles are still covered up with moving boxes.  And I definitely do not have a CAC Moon to try to show off the particular CAC features.  

I have three, the smallest is 5/8" and the biggest is 13/16" I'm not sure of the maker but the small and large one have a tunnel thru them that is clearer than the outside glass. The middle one has more of a dipper fold to it. 

:)

I need to see a CAC Moon close up.  Or find someone who is a genius at taking pictures and can capture the CAC characteristics in a photos. 

Well, this photo Bob posted in that other thread does show some nice CAC action.  

CACMoon1sm.JPG

I _see_ the glow there.  I don't know why this is so hard for me to remember.  Maybe it will stick now.  That circular action in the close up is very nice to see.  

Nice contrast to the marbles from, for example, Champion (I think) which are a cloudy white and have a glow but have a wadded up swirly action inside. 

Trying to see if the white ones are a swirl structure or two-seamers.  In spite of some ambiguity, I'm gonna guess two-seamers. 

And with that I say they are modern Marble Kings.

I can't remember if I have any white modern Marble Kings, but I do have pinks.  Small ones.

Edit: if the whites are swirly then obviously not MK, but swirly would make them more likely to be Champs. 

I'd call the blue an "Ace".  That was Akro's opalescent base corkscrew offering.  The color I most often see for an Ace is the black ribbon.  I think the orange ribbon maybe second.  I don't often see blue ribbon ones with the fire identified inside.  So congrats on that one.