Green Zebra, right?

bumblebee

Got marble mail today and was excited to find an NLR, since I never find them. I immediately opened my new copy of Peltier Glass Toy Marbles and turned to the two-color NLR section.

I couldn't find my marble. For a brief moment I got very excited thinking I had something so rare they couldn't find a photo of one. Then I Googled and figured out it's not uber rare.

Still, at almost 11/16" and NM+, it's among the 15 or so NLRs I've found in eight years of collecting. I don't see any aventurine.

greenzebra.jpg

Word on the street (via another forum) is these aren't common but they aren't unusually rare, and 11/16" seems to be the common size found.

Why it wasn't in the book remains a mystery.

Me personally, when I read "green zebra" I see a green zebra with dark green stripes so it doesn't quite fit for me. ;)

22 minutes ago, Steph said:

That's why I picked up my bucket of popcorn.  I would have pictured a different marble to go with green zebra name, but if this is it, then this is it. :)

At this point I'm just happy to have found an NLR that isn't cratered, so I'll let the namers figure out the rest!