Wicked looking marbles

Jjay

These marbles are 1" in diameter. They are some wicked looking marbles to me. Can you tell me anything about them? Maybe who made them. Are the designs on the surface of the clear ones done on purpose? Would they have any value? Anything else would be a big help. I thank those of you who have been patient with a rookie collector.

IMG_2972.JPG

IMG_2977.JPG

:)  .... I'm going with accidental and error. 

The cat eye has some "orange peel" texture to the surface. I'm not sure if we know what causes that.

The clearies have cold rolls.  They could be some kind of industrial marble.  Where it didn't matter if they were smooth -- just that they were more or less round. 

The cat eye is foreign -- likely Asian -- the green tint is the major indicator of this.  It's got some cool colors with that reddish stripe, and you might put it up on ebay for a coupla dollars and see if there are any takers thanks to the size and coloring.  Don't be surprised if not. 

It's cool to hear what catches the eye of a rookie -- as we get more educated and learn what we're officially supposed to value we often lose some of the sense of wonder which first got us interested in marbles.  It's replaced by other kinds of appreciation, but it's nice to see again through fresh eyes.

Thank you Steph. I appreciate your help. I've been going through these marbles that I thought were cat eyes, now I'm not so sure that's what they all are. I'll be posting some groups of them that look similar I think. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.