Novice at best

Hello all,

I have a (largish?) marble collection due to fate only and have become fascinated yet lost. This is my process...."Ah ha! thats definitely a slag." Organize all "slags" More research "Wait....no..That might be a slag but the other one is a swirl...I think...wait is that a pontil? I think I have a strikers that looks like that? Could be just a chip though...why is this one with the cat eyes? It gorgeous! looks too new so its probably a fake. Maybe there all fakes?" Put down marble.  Walk away.... Come back later. "Why is this striker with the slags?"

I joke. A little. So I have come looking for sanity. :)

Paul

2 hours ago, Prometheus0505 said:

What is the best way to post marbles for help with identification? How many, photo angles etc... What ever makes it easier. Not in a rush. 

Paul

If it's a marble with two seams/poles/cutlines/pontils, the two most important views are those two ends (in my opinion).  

If it's a swirl, then it's naturally more random.

One to four marbles per thread is a good idea.  If you think you're on a roll and wanna check to see if some photo is all Akro corkscrews or all Marble King Rainbows or something like that which we might be able to deal with quickly, then you could post more at a time.  Still best to have them in some clearly identifiable array -- so we can easily identify which ones we're singling out.