Oxbloods... show me some please

Mikie_T

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one is mostly oxblood - so much so that's got blowouts galore, but I love it in spite of the as-mades. It's one of the old German "Leighton' types, just over an inch, in mint shape but heavily cratered because of the glass problems. Please forgive the pic - this wasn't taken for publication, but since you asked, Mikie...

Oxblood 'Leighton' German.jpg

On 9/3/2017 at 3:18 PM, VTAndrea said:

Finally, here's a photo of a VERY old Leighton type I found at a flea market (never have found anything even close at a flea market!) that was very damaged, but the gorgeous colors and "9" are incredible.  I sold it quite a long time ago. And last, here are a couple Vitros with oxblood V's, not so hard to find but cool nonetheless.

bigox.jpg

This is an awesome looking marble, damage and all.  Thanks for posting it again. 

3 hours ago, Royal3 said:

From the sublime to the ridiculous; a pair and then a, well, a pair...my Siamese oddity from an Akro dig, courtesy of Roger Hardy.

Leighton1.jpg

Leighton2.jpg

Siamese.jpg

scramble me a couple of those .....  wow on these examples ... bill

WOW... what a bunch of great marbles!! 

I must say those trays are really nice too! Really works of art! Now seeing the pieces other than marbles makes me want to get out there and find me some.

I have really enjoyed seeing all the oxblood! Y'all got more?

Mike