Hi from Midwest

PamH

Hi ... I'm Pam and have inherited marbles after my parents passing.  I am 60 years old and remember them playing Chinese Checkers with some of these marbles.  Some of them must be from the 50's and 60's but identifying them is quite difficult.  So many of them look alike.  I've bought books, spent hours online trying to narrow down the ones I'd like to keep and the ones I'd like to sell.  Hopefully you nice folks can help me.  Thanks for the forum.  It's great to see so many who love marbles as my father did.

:)

Pam

Hi Pam.... Welcome!

I'm in about the same boat as you. I have collected marbles for years but only because I liked what I saw. I decided long ago if I like what I see (mostly swirls..LOL) then I collect it. Lately, I have tried to identify some of my marbles and the knowledgeable people here have been GREAT to help me out with that. Take some good pictures with good light and be sure to include 4 of 5 views as you turn your marble. This helps everyone see the seams, colors and patterns.

I look forward to seeing your marbles..... looking at these little glass works of art is so much fun!

Mike