Mostly Pix - Contemporary (Handmade)

Steph

• 2 months later...

My newest Schmidtglass marble!

Snowball.

Man, if this was the only snow I saw the rest of this winter, I'd be one freaking happy marblehead!!!

20180125_040213_zpssn18mcd2.jpg

And might as well add my first one in here too. I posted it in another thread, but why not spread the love around! An awesome guinea. 

20180119_045900_zps7uxudku3.jpg

And backlit: 

20180119_050117_zpsbam2lsae.jpg

Yeah I love the snowball! 😄 There was another one he made that I saw that had a very slight blueish tint to it, that one was really awesome, too!!!

Anyone here hide and hunt marbles?!?! :D

My first hider marbles arrived!!! These 5 from Nigel Morford at MPX Glassworks right in my own state! Grand Rapids, MI.

20180125_203246_zpshc7ykuli.jpg

I'll be keeping 2, and hiding 3... man they're all so different, it was really hard to choose which ones to keep, I really love them ALL!!! But I've settled on keeping these two: 

20180125_200856_zpsqdaxhf6u.jpg

And with so much going on at various depths, getting photos was a bit of a challenge. Here's the best my phone could do of the two keepers: 

20180125_220820_zpsvzquvqfm.jpg

20180125_221012_zpsahrpt2j3.jpg

I've been carrying those two around in my pockets for 2 days now... pull em out randomly to get lost in them! I should probably try to get a brief video of them actually -- I don't think still photos really accurately/fully depict the structure... You've got you see them move!

Absolutely loving these! ❤ :wub: ❤

10 hours ago, Steph said:

I don't think I know about this particular hider program.  

I know of a couple, but this doesn't sound like that.  

There's more than one?!?! :o Only one I know of is the World's Biggest Marble Hunt... what other ones are there?

I don't know what you mean, doesn't sound like that? I wasn't describing a hider program at all... I just bought a group of 5 marbles from the artist, with the plan of using a few of them as hiders. I'm only gonna hide 3 because I want to keep 2.

Since I haven't seen many hunts posted in the Lansing area, I figured I'd buy some to hide myself, and hopefully folks that hunt here will "find one, hide one" around here too, so more hunts get rolling in this area. :D

Ah, the worlds biggest marble hunt ... that was one of the ones I knew about.  I thought that the seller sent you a set with the understanding that part would be hidden.

I kinda remembered another seller doing that before ... but it's a fuzzy memory.

The other hunt I know of is more localized... in Washington State.

1 hour ago, Steph said:

I thought that the seller sent you a set with the understanding that part would be hidden.

Oh I see!! Nope nope, I just bought 'em -- was a nice deal, 5 for $30! I read the rules and knew I couldn't ask for hunts in my area, so I decided to make hunts in my area instead! 😄  

That would be hella cool, though, artists sending folks marbles to hide!!! Hey that actually sounds like it could make pretty good advertising, for someone just starting out and trying to get their work out there for folks to see! 🤔 Find people in like every state that could hide like 2-5 marbles for ya, and post those hunts to the Marble Hunt group... it would get lots of folks seeing your work online, some even finding them in hunts, and hopefully generate business by folks looking to buy hiders and/or your other work!!!