Rare Road & Tunnel Slag on Ebay

Shamrock Marbles

11 hours ago, hdesousa said:

99.5% confident, that the marble in your link is NOT a Chris Robinson Road & Tunnel Slag.

1) Cut-Line:  Shear-mark is atypical to a R&T.

2) Shape:  Linked marble is much rounder (spherical) than an average R&T.

3) Color:  I don't recall Chris making green slags of this color variant.  Looking at all bodies of work in the marble world, does this color closely match known samples by MFC, CA, Akro, Pelt, etc?

4) Pattern:  R&T have more defined striations. Chris took the time to manipulate the glass to enhance the patterning. See other samples in this post. Looking at all bodies of work in the marble world, does this pattern closely match known samples by MFC, CA, Akro, Pelt, etc?

5) As always, Chris would be the final answer.

John

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Hansel's question was whether this marble exhibited the road-and-tunnel feature.  Not about who made it.  Is it not close enough to qualify?

I associate road-and-tunnel with Christensen Agate ... and with European striped transparents.

Edit: there was a little hiccup on the lower left which I thought might rule out the road-and-tunnel designation ... but I was hopeful.

CRHjJ1v.jpg

3 hours ago, Steph said:

I thought Hansel's question was whether this marble exhibited the road-and-tunnel feature.  Not about who made it.  Is it not close enough to qualify?

I associate road-and-tunnel with Christensen Agate ... and with European striped transparents.

Edit: there was a little hiccup on the lower left which I thought might rule out the road-and-tunnel designation ... but I was hopeful.

CRHjJ1v.jpg

Steph,

I understand.  You answered the question in a generic term.  I had no difference of opinion to your answer.  I should have answered that I agreed that it has a road and tunnel structure (design), but further qualified that it is not a "Road & Tunnel" by Chris Robinson.

My response was more pointed to eliminate any ambiguity or speculation.

Thanks for all your work!

John