Cj91030

Marble lot; vintage/antique or not?

Do you see many good marbles, or is this mostly cheap marble kings?

vintage "bumblebee", oxbloods, swirls, corkscrews, patches, etc. These marbles range from 5/8" to 11/16" with a few 1" shooters. 

Screenshot_20171124-004630.jpg

Screenshot_20171124-004550.jpg

It does look like a mix of several vintage makers. Condition doesn't look great, and nothing stands out as uncommon or rare

If you're interested in resale, that's probably high compared to what you could get back for them.  

But with my fondness for bumblebees I might pay that much to get those and then just enjoy sorting the rest.  

I'd guess ten cents a marble might be closer on average, but don't take my word for it.  @sclsu, what say you?

Thank you, I just bought the lot at about 15 cents each. I just got into making boro marbles and my vintage marble collection was looking pretty sad. I just wanted to make sure they were what they were advertised as. Now I need to get a couple lattacinos ;)

10 cents apiece sounds right. Some might be worth a dollar or two, but most have no collector value so it averages out to about that

Ugh, just got these. Was supposed to be 200+, theres 149, about 20 of which are badly damaged (cracked, or more than 10% missing in large chips). There are some nice ones, but it brings the price i paid close to 30 cents each :(

awww :( .... was it ebay?  If so then you can get a refund for the misrepresentation of amount.   

Or I guess you can enjoy the nice ones and let it go.  We all have our expensive lessons.