The Akro who sparkled in Euro?

bumblebee

So I found among my textured Euro sparklers this apparent Akro cork with a waxy, very textured surface and an opalescent base. Measures close to 11/16".

I assumed Euro simply based on the texture but I know this is an Akro patch design too.

If it's an Akro does anyone else have one with such a bizarre texture and opalescent glass?

eurosparkler.jpg

I sent out an SOS after I saw the first pic and my Akro expert didn't recognize it as Akro.

So now I'm in a pickle.

I do like it very much.    That is, I like the marble.  Not being in a pickle.  

14 minutes ago, Steph said:

I sent out an SOS after I saw the first pic and my Akro expert didn't recognize it as Akro.

So now I'm in a pickle.

I do like it very much.    That is, I like the marble.  Not being in a pickle. 

Interesting! The texture is very bizarre. Think waxy and with orange peel texture but not pitted (more like lines).

I'm in a pickle too. It's sitting there right next to what clearly appears to be an Akro patch close relation (with faint opalescence) but then it sort of roars about being something else. The insides do sort of suggest Euro sparkler to me but I do believe I got both from the same person in the wild.

betterphoto.jpg

Edited by bumblebee
added photo

• 3 weeks later...

Wish I had paid more attention when I found it originally, but it was definitely in the wild among other vintage mibs. I think at the time I failed to notice the opalescent base.

Here's a couple of new shots of the 5/8" one (slightly less opalescent with no surface texture) and then another shot of the bigger one with some backlight.

IMG_5738.JPG

IMG_5737.JPG

IMG_5736.JPG

• 1 month later...