CAC vs Alley -- 2 mibs... help me understand!

sprchik

So I have these 2 pretty mibs. And their structure looks really similar to me (but hey, I'm still a novice here!)...

This first one here, I bought on ebay, listed as CAC, from a pretty reputable seller (feedback over 5000 at 100%). The other mibs I bought from them seem correct, and so do their current listings. I have no reason to doubt their ID as CAC.

Here's the CAC (which I also posted in the CAC thread in Study Hall, and no one questioned there) --

20171222_013304_zpsvvzk4itn.jpg

Now this next one I just bought at the Indy Show, sold as Alley. I certainly have no reason to doubt that ID either. 

Here's the Alley: 

20180109_165254_zpslpkm5afl.jpg

Now, I look at both of these, and get totally confused! 🤣 The structure seems incredibly similar to me. I don't see what it is that makes the first one CAC and the second one Alley. 

Can you guys help a newbie out here, and point out the differences I'm not seeing? I'd really appreciate the chance to learn/understand. 😊  Is it not the structure at all, but the colors alone that determine the maker in this case? 

Does anyone have a CAC that looks like that first one that they could share pictures of? 

(I'm also open to the possibility that it ISN'T a CAC -- but would also like to understand why!)

Thanks a bunch, folks!

I have doubt. Both look Alley to me. Many Alley's have been sold for years as CAC. The Alley Blue Lady, the Alley West Virginian, and lots of other Alleys were sold as CAC. The first Alley Blue Lady which I purchased was sold to me as CAC.  Things change with more information and some people do not stay updated.  Some people are just totally unwilling to change.