ID Help please

IggyKatz

Hi,

I'm not exactly a collector but I came across a bag of marbles (maybe 100?) in an estate sale recently and the original owner was quite old and these marbles look pretty old so I thought I'd see about finding out more about them.  Attached are the first two...

002.jpg

001.jpg

Hi.

The bottom pair are Marble King Bumblebees.  From around 1955 to 1965. 

Are the red ones all glass?  What size are they?  More views could be needed to know if they have a chance of being something other than "game marbles".  (Lots of companies made game marbles, over many years, so we are only able to identify a small percentage of them.)

Being old does not make a marble valuable. Condition is a big factor. The Marble King Bumblebee's are about 0.50 each. The three red marbles, it looks like two of them are the same and one slightly different. Probably common game marbles which have almost no collector value. Almost every marble company made them by the millions per week. Most game marbles cannot be identified to any one certain company or dated.   

• 1 month later...

The red ones look like one I found digging at the Peltier factory, the one I found is just under 1/2" if those are the same size they might be from Peltier also

Here is the one I found, well my girlfriend found to be honest, it still has the dirt on it.

pfdpw3.jpg

Almost or every company made 1/2 inch marbles, plus red translucent and red transparent marbles. Without any pattern or cut lines, these are almost impossible to identify accurate by pictures and most cannot be identified accurate in hand. This is why they have little or no value to most collectors. In the first three I see two that look the same and one that is different. What companies ?  Could be several ??