Remember that feeling?

Steph

For me that feeling of finding my first for sure corkscrew in a mixed batch after wondering over and over and over if I had one, but they all were Jabos -- no offense to Jabos -- I just wanted a corkscrew so much. 

What was your early marble collector moment of wonder?

Having the opportunity to buy a batch of marbles from a person who was buying our dining room furniture when I mentioned I'd started collecting them.  Turned out to be some very high-end CACs, Akros and Peltiers!  I paid them an amount they were happy with and learned they were worth a whole lot more.

I,ve had marbles as long as I can remember.my uncle left his bag of marbles at the house I grew up in.i played marbles till third or fourth grade.new school with play ground put a end to marble playing.did,nt know they were collected till antique roadshow came to tv.so I started collecting sense I had mibs.my first akro oxblood I found in a jar I got at auction was a thrill to me.i still like to look at it from time to time.a milky oxblood that looks like a cartoon brizzard.if I spelled that right.dusty

My earliest "wow" moment was finding a beat up Master sunburst and being stunned by the color quality and depth of the glass. That's when I knew vintage marbles were special. That could have been my bug-catching moment.

Cherry-picking a mint Golden Rebel from a box was wonderful, but selling it later has tainted that memory.

I was at an auction and there were 2 jars full of handmade marbles listened to the people looking at the cut marks saying they were all damaged. I thought they were neat. I had the high bid 9.00 a jar over 100 handmades for 18.00. Loved the mibs found out what they were worth and was hooked. Have not found another deal like it. Really need to sell some they took over a whole room over 10,000 now

• 3 weeks later...

My first non modern proper i.d . Was quite exciting. Wich was very recently. I could tell without looking at books or online that it was a Peltier rainbo. But i did confirm it here. 

My first marbles were mostly Vacor