Gorgeous rare pelts with Oxblood?

Mr Meteorite

Hello all,

Are these beauties Peltier? 

I have never seen this color combo, I love the grey with black and red, which I think is Oxblood. 2 of these are twins and the 3rd is slightly larger than the twins. Also don't really have much grey but has more and darker red/Oxblood.

If these are pelts, which I think they are. They were purchased with a lot of only Peltier, I was told they are when I bought them anyways.

If it is a pelt does it have a "nickname"? Well even if it's not, does it have a name?

Thanks in advance,

Best wishes,

Joe K

Mr. Meteorite

gwrbg5.jpg

They're Peltier Rainbos.  

I wouldn't call that oxblood.

With those ribbon colors, if the base glass were transparent green they would be 7-Ups.  With an olive or brown or gray base, they don't have a special name that I know of. 

They're handsome though.

When I put it to the light, the base is a dark green on 2 of them and more olive/brown on the third.

It doesn't look like the 7ups that I've seen. Either way these are some of my favorite mibs in my collection.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by Mr Meteorite
Added info

It does kinda look like oxblood.  I'm just not familiar with oxblood being on that particular marble so I think it's probably red.  Since it looks so much like oxblood it would be pretty hard to try to explain the difference.  How you can see some white coming through underneath the red is a sign of it not being ox.  Oxblood is especially opaque.  Sometimes it can be tricky when it's very thin or when there's oxblood and red together.  But if you can see through it to some other color below, then assume not ox.

Thanks steph, that does kinda help. Me and my son and girlfriend were just trying to figure it out, I'm still not comfortable IDing Oxblood, some of my marbles I'm told have it but don't see it and some I swear it is, but then told it's not lol I just need to look at more marbles with and without Oxblood and maybe read and look online. I'm new to this marble biz but I'm learning a lot pretty quick, I feel anyways.

It's Crazy how I know so much about meteorites, rocks, minerals and astronomy and can ID a super expensive meteorite easily and most terrestrial stones also, but I can't ID a marble correctly to save my life lol

I have much to learn, but I'm ready and willing to put in the time and effort to learn as much as I possibly can.

Best Wishes,

Joe K

Mr. Meteorite

Once you see some oxblood in hand. After that there is not doubts.   There are hundreds or more different shades of red.  There are different shades or variations of oxblood color.