Nice vintage foreign mibs

Mr Meteorite

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/3/2018 at 4:02 PM, westcoast_dave said:

Wow, never seen the 1" Ajax before.  Anyone know how large the Euro Sparklers go?  I recently found an extra large one that is 1-3/32" (1.09").

The largest Euro sparklers I've come across are just over 1-1/16", so probably close to 1.09"

For sure there are way more purple and green colored marbles over here. I'll see what I can dig up.

Here is the biggest Sparkler I have. The rest in the group are 1 1/8" or a bit under.  Not sure how small they go 5/8"ish I guess. I'll look.

micro-spark.jpg

shoot-sp1.jpg

shoot-sp12.jpg

shoot-sp1234.jpg

• 7 months later...

Yep all the same marble in the first group of pics. The lot was a mix of single seam and double seam marbles. They were nowhere near the 3cm stated by the seller and are actually all around just over 7/8" to a hair under 15/16". All look to have a clear transparent base glass hence the depth they show. Very hard to capture in a pic with this near obsolete camera. 

Better pics of the group

gso-group.jpg

gso-group2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
10 minutes ago, crashbelt said:

I don't know anything about machine mades, but I've had these 7/8" mibs since childhood in the 60s. They might be Velliglas from what I've read here. 

20220728_181523.thumb.jpg.c61f18cb05eed482849c308e85c82824.jpg

Yes Veiligglas, here's another link from "Stephs Study Hall"

LINK ::    https://marbleconnection.com/topic/21465-mostly-pix-veiligglas/#comment-190014