Peltier Metallic bubbles

What kind of crazy concoction caused these metallic looking bubbles?   Do you see them on other makers?  They look like small liquid metal bubbles.  I've seen more than several rainbo types with them.  Just thought this could start some interesting discussion.   Where are the glass guys/gals at?   

metallic-bubbles.jpg

DSC09534.jpg

First guess is that it's like the silvery look which air pockets give to sulphides. 

I may have seen it in cat's eyes.  Guess I should dig out my Cairos to see if any of those bubbles have a metallic quality.

I'm guessing it's some kind of soot from burn-off of contaminates or something like that in the tank. I melted a marble with an oxy-acetylene torch once and it changed the color and gave it that metallic look too. Impurities I guess.

I find this quite often, and (for me) as having many discussions with Ron S that it is just air pockets from a bad chemical mix that was not compatible to the desired example. I would NOT think that any metallic component would stay in an air bubble per say and not float to the surface. I have yet to find what i could deffinitly say is a metallic air bubble. Now these contemp makers could probably do this but the old machine mades  would always float to the surface when it came to any metallic component. From akro to jabos i see what is considered metallic all are on the (surface), (HOWEVER) i will add this, (ANYTHING) is possible and may be found. Seeing a lot of these examples on the forums, it (seems to me) that a lot of these could be Kokomos when they started production. Making a theory and presumption is part of the hobby, but as i always say (PROVE IT) with an example.  This will always make it clear for others. Chuck G--

Thanks for the input.  I notice the rainbo's with metallic-looking bubbles are on the nicer end of the spectrum of rainbo's, with very nice looking glass.  Maybe there was something Peltier was doing intentionally?  I have no clue,  but it did make some awesome looking marbles.