Random thoughts about marbles

disco005

i wonder if the air quality was better then? With the low industrial emissions standards back then. Probably in the country side not likely near plants and factorys.

I have drank glacier water, that was supposedly millions of years old. Tasted pretty good..like nothing.

Given that the 'air" was from glass components (including colorant and other additives) at ~1,500 degrees F - I see bubbles as more of a result of the chemical process - than from ambient air.  No-one stirs ambient air into the batch intentionally.

Much more...romantic. The machine creation process is so torturous - unbearably hot, unbelievable noisy, sometimes chaotic, dirty, filthy - did I say hot and noisy? - but at last these bright orange glowing orbs come rolling along those augers, then finally clamoring down chutes to begin revealing their beauty in the buckets at your feet.

Then, at last, it’s the silence of the mibs. :rolleyes:

19 minutes ago, Royal3 said:

Much more...romantic. The machine creation process is so torturous - unbearably hot, unbelievable noisy, sometimes chaotic, dirty, filthy - did I say hot and noisy? - but at last these bright orange glowing orbs come rolling along those augers, then finally clamoring down chutes to begin revealing their beauty in the buckets at your feet.

Then, at last, it’s the silence of the mibs:rolleyes:

Now that....is poetic.