Aventurine splat...

Vancecrash

All four of these are similar, all four have aventurine. In fact, all four have some splater on them someplace. Picture 2, marble 3 in example. You can see the splater spots on the lower right side in the orange. In fact that splater is in the orange colour exclusively on all of them. The spots are smooth, they don't appear to be blowouts. What are they? What are the splaters from?

inCollage_20180923_180151795-min.jpg

Ok, I have believe I have solved the orange aventurine mystery. Bubbles, lots of tiny, tiny bubbles (thank you Mr. Bubble maker! Am I showing my age?)

Oddly, the bubbles only appear in the orange, and they appear erupted, or maybe fractured internaly, explain that one. I used a dental pick to try to probe and catch them on the surface, but the surface is smooth.

As for the olive streak, aventurine mystery? I think the same orange bubbly phenomenon is to blame. It appears the orange and green made a perfect mix to achieve the color, and the bubbles helped to make a "fools aventurine" of a sort.

Not far from the olive you can see a a thin orange ribbon travel through the green tinted white base. This orange remained somewhat unmixed to maintain it's own color.

20180927_073625-min.jpg

Glass colors do not mix. Not like paint.  They can lay on top of each other or overlap and look like another color. Glass colors can get thin and bleed over or under other colors but they do not mix.  Many times small bubbles are mistaken as aventurine.  Large or small bubbles, they may or may not fracture or explode at any time. Little bubbles usually no problem. This is called seedy glass. Not cooked properly or not vented proper or things in the glass that should not be there.  Large bubbles can explode fracture or break a marble in half anytime, or stay intact for years upon years.