Sad example of marble collectors

Too late already asked. What I do about I it if she responds is another issue.

the first time I took my collection to a show I was bombarded by shysters looking to rip me off. Having been a collector of various items for a long time I knew what to expect.

there are always people looking to rip you off. Just sad, life is too short, and you have to deal with it at the pearly gates.

my father-in-law was a man with heart, paid a guy $300 for a tool box of tools worth maybe $100 because he was hard up. 6 months later he showed up and bought them back for $300. Brought tears to my eyes, I have never forgotten that lesson.

I had a friend bring me a knife one time that belonged to his grandfather, he thought it worth maybe $100. I brokered the sale of it for $11,000.00. It was a 1928 Scagel in the original sheath, mint. That same “friend” then tried to coherce me to  back off an opinion regarding a serious building construction issue just 6 months after the sale. We are no longer friends..

At the end of the day, you have to be able to sleep at night.

A while back i was selling a very old tin lithograph horse racing game on similar online classifieds. It was a pricey sale 400$. A guy showed up liked it and left me a 100$ deposit . He said he would be back in a week with the remainder and i kept the game until his return.  A week went by he did not show up . Time passed and almost 2 years later he showed up out of the blue. I did not even recognize him until he asked if he could get his money back for the game deposit. It did catch me by surprise but i gladly went to the bank and  got his money for him. He was very sincere about his appreciation for me returning his money after such a long time. We talked a bit and i found out he had been going through cancer treatments the past 2 years