New or old? Pretty swirl ....

Steph

This pretty, slightly undersized, two-tone marble came in a lot which was almost entirely modern.  (There was a single blackline All-Red plus a bunch of Vacors and modern Asians.)

I checked our favorite Vacor site for matches. If it was there I missed it.  

What do you think?  The darker brown seems just a little darker or more solid in hand than I'm seeing it on the monitor but overall I think I got the picture close to right. 

YYGEfuQ.jpg

It is a nice 1. For me it would be a displayer. It may be an older ' modern' or may be vintage 😊 . Did you get a bag at the thrift store? If so welcome to my world. . I have been thinking for awhile , that there is a lot of older moderns . They can look more vintage and are undocumented.

Actually, a friend's father gave him the marbles.  And my friend sent them home with me to ID them ... and then .... *hanging head* :blush: .... I kept them so long that they got lost back in my labyrinthine office area :evil-grin-smileys-111: and when I found them again my friend had already moved to Colorado and he didn't really want them (which I already knew) and so now they're mine.  But we will never speak of this again.  ;)

I don't know where the father picked them up.  

I'm having a really hard time getting the contrast between the two shades. The hues are close here (on my monitor). 

PtEs0Ib.jpg

This was too bright but it's the setting where I got the most angles.

dZGLRig.jpg

06Dn1xU.jpg

V86hFgF.jpg

tBySobp.jpg

gzNcOn7.jpg

Kinda funny how marbles seem to migrate together.  Looks vintage to me based on the similar ones I've come across, and vintage Alley would have been my first guess.

As a side note - A family member recently brought me some childhood marbles and I mentioned the 'modern' word.  Modern for a lot of people, doesn't mean 40-60 years ago,  is how the conversation went, and we joked about getting older.  I enjoyed that visit.  Good times and some marbles.