Collection found in abandoned house

Toonz3

Found a marble collection in a house that has been untouched for 30 years. I literally dug them out from the collapsed floor. Its been a long time and I forgot most of what I knew about marbles. My kids picked out a few they thought were interesting. I was hoping maybe someone could tell by looking at these what we might be dealing with? I have a ton of them but still cleaning the dirt off lol. Any help is appreciated. 

IMG_20181129_154509.jpg

IMG_20181129_154520.jpg

IMG_20181129_154414.jpg

IMG_20181129_154301.jpg

Hiya.  Long time.

The top one might be an Alley Agate from the 1930's or 1940's. 

The bottom could end up being an Akro Agate from the 1930's. 

Need clearer pictures.  Possibly if you pull back a little way from the marble the focus would be better?   Also, four marbles per picture wouldn't be a bad thing.  That could also _possibly_ help with focus issues.

Better. :)

From left to right,

#1 appears to be an Asian marble.  Considered "modern" as in after 1970, but 1970 is 48 years ago already.  :blink:  How did THAT happen?

#2 is still a question mark for me.  Marble King?  Vitro?  ?

#3 I was still thinking Alley on #3, but with as white as it looks that makes me think it could be Ravenswood.  So I'm going Alley or Ravenswood.  Something in the WV swirl family. 

#4 now appears to be a Vitro Tri-Lite.  From the 1930's.  

No, not worth much.    An average Tri-Lite might bring you a dollar or two but not so much that it would stop you from letting kids play with cool orbs.   

A few hundred could add up to something, of course.  And there are some fancier Tri-Lites which could bring more.  

Condition is the number one factor. No matter how rare, how many colors, age, size etc.  The four above go in the 4 for $1.00 box.  But the next marble could be $10.00 or $100.00 or $500.00 ???????  If it is fractured, if chipped good or missing glass, scratched hazy foggy, etc. Give it to the kids.