hdesousa

Charms, Pins, Medals and other Marble Tournament Awards and Memorabilia..

I see now ... the editor was suggesting the stores hold marble games. 

image.png

On one of my  old sets of backup disks, I have tons of articles from Beckley, West Virginia, spanning many years.  They had a sports reporter on the marble beat.  

I imagined writing a book about tournaments using Beckley's history as the backdrop.  

Most of us have probably thought one time or another that we had a book in us.  I now realize I probably don't.  But I sure liked the idea.

On 6/6/2019 at 10:18 PM, wvrons said:

Nice box of Kleenex. 

I had to look twice but there it is.  I've been looking for one since I saw a coworker with that same box, but I didn't know the proper way to say "hey, when you're done with that kleenex box I want it'. lol

did lots of google searches as well.  If I recall it was a bunch of nice Akro Popeye marbles on it, so somebody must know a bit more history...

wow ...  beautiful ... kudos to whoever knew their marbles well enough to pick those

Awesome!  My memory was off a bit but surely some nice Akro marbles there (which probably didn't just get swept off the floor for a photo-op). 

You guys are great, glad I wasn't completely imagining things. 

You are not going to see one of those Orange - Crush box sets in many collections.  Also nice rubber stamp.