All modern shooters

Marian

Not sure.  The fuller the vanes the more likely I am to wonder if they could be Marble King.  But I'm not seeing enough detail to have a feel for that.  

So, early Asian (likely Japanese) ... or Marble King.  

Hard to tell age on Marble Kings.  Could be early. Could be modern.  

By older I mean the 1970's to mid 1980's. Nothing to look for. I think that is the last time MK made any large 7/8 and one inch clear base cat eyes.  These and the same smaller sizes were dug in the creek at Paden City. Everything there was discarded in that time frame or earlier. 

2 hours ago, wvrons said:

By older I mean the 1970's to mid 1980's. Nothing to look for. I think that is the last time MK made any large 7/8 and one inch clear base cat eyes.  These and the same smaller sizes were dug in the creek at Paden City. Everything there was discarded in that time frame or earlier. 

I have big ones which I bought in bulk around 2004 or 2005, including big four-color ones, 15/16" to 1".   But I didn't keep good track of them since I was just starting my serious collecting then.  I got rid of most of them because I hadn't yet learned to value modern marbles and can't swear there was no cross-contamination with old lots.  But the four-color ones have to be modern and I'm pretty sure some of the single-color ones are also.  

JR60gcI.jpg

I need to keep more up to date on the newer marbles. Your newer ones look like thin color. Which is common with all companies. The more years go by and more competition require cost cutting. So the quality and color suffer with mass production.  Maybe the older ones have better or thicker more color ? I think production has been very slow the last two years for Marble King. 

1 hour ago, wvrons said:

Your newer ones look like thin color. Which is common with all companies. The more years go by and more competition require cost cutting. So the quality and color suffer with mass production.  Maybe the older ones have better or thicker more color ?

That sounds  right.