Popeye?

DINDO

Not a hybrid Popeye. It is two colors with the required white filaments.  A Akro Popeye = Clear base white filaments and two or more additional colors. Can be a corkscrew or patch, corkscrew pattern more desirable. What looks near orange is the green under the yellow. Standard Popeye with the two added colors of green and yellow.  I don't think Akro added a additional separate orange color to this marble. The last picture shows the green under the orange.  It is what collectors refer to as a standard two color Popeye, not hybrid which is more, than two additional colors other than the required white filaments. Still a nice Popeye. But $20.00 not $100.00 or $200.00 for a good hybrid.   Here is a red. blue and yellow 3 color hybrid popeye.  DSC02842.JPG.b45a710159304bf8723950d24fb4453a.JPG

Really?  That orange is coming from the green?  Naturally I considered the possibility that it was from some kind of blend, but I didn't see how we would get that as a blend, so I got my hopes up for Dindo.

Glass colors do not blend. Glass colors will not blend to make another color like paint does. Glass colors can bleed over or under each other to look like a different color.  Reflection from one glass color to another can make a different looking color.  But glass colors do not blend. That can make a good discussion and has many times. Even a long discussion recently on another marble chat.  Glass colors and the word blend do not go together. Glass colors can lay or bleed under or over another color. That is why many marbles may be labeled 5-6-7 or more colors but the actual colors added when made were far less. Certain people at Jabo would say and sell marbles of 6-7 colors. When actually we only added maybe 3, 4 or 5. Temperature also can change glass colors, but they do not blend to make a new separate different color. 

Lay translucent yellow over translucent green and the surface may look like a light shade of orange. The Popeyes all have lots of clear, some white and other colors. Where these colors meet or lay against each other or over top of each other, the surface can look like a different color. But the glass colors did not blend, just layered or stacked. Search glass colors blending.  There is no such thing.