Akro Corkscrew Ace? (Need help with collectors' name)

jonnie

For it to be the style of marble which Akro sold as an Ace, the orange glow coming from the backlit marble needs to actually be coming from the white part of the glass.  With as much red as you have, it's hard to tell if the glow is coming from the red or the white.   Below is Dani's box of Aces.   I'm not getting an Ace feel from your structure but  the density of the base glass in different runs could vary.  

b8pOKKc.jpg

So, I don't know what style name Akro meant for your marble.  

It might have been a Moss Agate. It might have been an Imperial variation or a Carnelian variation.  I know a lot about Akro style names.  But I can't put my finger on what Akro would have called that one.  

My guess is that it was  in the Moss Agate family (as far as Akro was concerned).  But as far as a collector's name, I do not know.  

I'll send this over to the main chat area since we're looking for a technical name, not so much a basic ID.  

Thanks Steph, I hate the anemic oxblood name.  It's either oxblood or not and this is not oxblood.  I think of patches when I think of Moss Agates, which is probably why I didn't even consider it a Moss.   I think I'm just going to put this in my Moss box.

Thank You for your help.

Beth