No slingshots here

For the first one, Many years ago I meet a older man at a marble show selling these in different sizes. He claimed to be the one who designed this marble toy. He called it The Marble Tree. His wife was a kindergarten school teacher. It was designed to teach or heighten five of the children's senses. I may not get these correct?  To teach hand eye coordination, learn to count, learn different sounds or tones, rotation, and sharing-team work. One marble per child, one marble at a time. He said the leaves should not be painted as that deadens the different tones. The leaves are different sizes to create different sounds. Maybe he was the first ,maybe not ?  Of course I bought one of the taller ones. My grandchildren and great grandchildren have run a lot of marbles down a Marble Tree like this. 

Yes, I can definitely see all those concepts being learned! It is very noisy when little handfuls of marbles are dumped on it...lol! I purchased ours at an Amish store locally...I do understand how paint would change tones..