How do you display your Marble Collection?

Jose

• 2 weeks later...

A gentleman named John on another forum uses a method I plan to try. He uses "Cornell University" drawers normally used for displaying bug specimens. He then cuts strips of Plastazote foam that he holds down with pearlized pins from Michaels. These strips are put close enough to hold marbles in place (about 200-250 depending upon marble sizes).  The trickiest part, he says, is cutting the strips straight and even which he does with a very sharp box cutter and a metal square.

Though not cheap at about $85 with shipping, In my opinion the results appear to be the best way to group marbles and show as much of each marble as possible. Be careful not to drop a tray!

Here are the products and links:

1012AFP pine hardboard bottom & plastazote foam cardholder/pull

1028P Plastazote Foam Sheet, 16 x 18"

Edit: Also while search the BioQuip vendor, I noticed these cardboard trays which may be of interest to collectors: https://www.bioquip.com/search/DispProduct.asp?pid=1025A

Masters5.jpg

Masters4.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/1/2019 at 7:35 AM, wvrons said:

Here Is 2 1/2  gallons of dirty Alleys.  One room of four with marbles. 

DSC04449.JPG

DSC04451.JPG

DSC04454.JPG

DSC04465.JPG

DSC04479.JPG

DSC04462.JPG

DSC04464.JPG

DSC04466.JPG

DSC04481.JPG

Some nice marbles there. Did you dig those dirty marbles lol? I see you have some nice codd bottles, that dark codd looks rare.

Yes I dug the marbles in the jug. I have dug marbles at every marble company site in WV, except Master. Some of them many times and years.  Myself and two very close friends had a lease for about 1 1/2 yrs. to dig  where Alley produced marbles in Pennsboro WV. I have also dug marbles in OH and St.Louis.  Good eye on the Codd bottle. I dug marbles many places for about a 20 year time period. Today there is no place to dig and many sites are empty. 

My largest hand made marble is 2 1/4 inch. The smallest is about 5/16 maybe 9/32.  There has been ,three inch hand made found. It sold for around $32,000.00 -$34000.00 . There are several 2 1/2 inch hand mades in collections. Over 2 1/2 inch and the numbers are less.