A REVERSE "9" WV SWIRL... who made this?

rockgardenplants

I think this marble the clear base with blue/white swirl would more likely be Cairo Novelty. Some of the main traits for Cairo Novelty are the seedy glass(bubbles)and a short length glass stream from the furnace to the shear. Which makes a C or U or S pattern, when closed tight sometimes called the butt crack. The second pictures shows the C. Cairo did large numbers of clear base, lots of bubbles, lesser quality glass. The colors on Cairo transparent marbles are usually thin not thick or solid. Alley marbles are a higher quality of glass and colors. The C - U - or S pattern can also be found on many Jabo and later Alley marbles made at the last Alley location at St.Marys WV. This marble is very typical of Cairo transparent swirls. Cairo did make opaque marbles, which can have better and more solid colors. 

The first marble is either Champion or possible Jabo. Because of the glass, the colors and the striping. It looks like a thin oxblood just under the surface. It looks to have a little more damage than I would expect on a newer Jabo. So I would place it with Champion. Both Champion and Jabo made this similar colored marbles.  Dave McCullough was plant manager at different time frames at both Champion and Jabo.