Digging marbles

Mmansell45

I've been metal detecting for about 2 months now and I have found silver coins and wheat pennies in my own yard which was built in the 1920s and while digging I've been finding marbles at least a dozen or more unique ones. And today this one is smaller in size and I thought someone could help identify it

IMG_20190628_115758641.jpg

Hey 45, pretty neat, metal detecting and find marbles, way to go. I have done the exact same thing before.  Some years back was in a yard and the coin sound went off, dug six inches and found a Buffalo nickle with a clay marble on top of it, as you could see where it sat on the nickle. You never know what may (pop up out of the ground).  I have not found any bag fulls yet, maybe (BOTH) us will score this one day soon, and hope it has at least six ("GOLDEN REBELS") in it. Chuck G---

Yeah it's addicting. I imagine kids playing marbles like I did as a kid Everytime I find one. Never really notices the beauty in a real marble. It was orange fields before my house was built. I'm surprised at the amount of silver coins and wheat backs in really good shape. Also found 3 old rings 2 gold with a carat in each and a silver religious one along with 11 Indian Head pennies. Oh yeah a silver spoon. I'll post pics of all the marbles when I remember where I put them . Scattered and my wife threw a couple away. She understands now that I have interest them.