Steph

Marbles you could be tempted to part with but ....

Marbles you've thought of parting with -- for money or friendship -- but you just couldn't do it.

I bought these from an esteemed seller.  It was in  facebook offering.   The listing was bargain-priced and there were even more marbles than I'm showing here.  I couldn't believe there were no takers, so I was trying to help talk the group up, and then I decided I had to have them.   Maybe Marble King copperheads just aren't as desirable to others as I expected them to be.  But I'm afraid if I ever did part with them I'd have to pay dearly to get any back.  So the three copperheads in this group are in my "you better not think about selling these" group.  But I guess I _would_ consider giving them away if it were really important to someone. :) 

1CDpRlu.jpg

Those are nice Steph !  Should Copperheads have an off-white base ? I don’t own any. Thanks 

I don't know the exact specs for copperheads. :)  

For me I think it would be my fancier hand cut agates. One reason is their esteemed history. They are old veterans who were once the most valued and expensive marbles. Each one in unique. I feel a connection with history and the original owners to such a degree it would be a sort of betrayal to let them go. I feel more like their keeper than owner. ;)