1978 -- Interesting Bogard paperwork

I got a decent amount of paperwork from the Heaton/Bogard office building before it got demolished. I just started sorting through some of it. Here are some interesting things, including checks to MK for larger marbles and cullet (Bogard didn't have machines to make larger marbles). Also deposits from ATARI (????!!!) and Monsanto (I guess they used marbles in medicine manufacturing?). Also checks to Berry Pink and sand companies etc... I noticed Jack took a salary of $1k per week in 1978. Pretty good money, especially back then. Lots of other Bogards worked there too.

DSCN9427.jpg
DSCN9428.jpg
DSCN9429.jpg
DSCN9430.jpg
DSCN9431.jpg
DSCN9432.jpg
DSCN9433.jpg
DSCN9434.jpg
DSCN9435.jpg
DSCN9436.jpg
DSCN9437.jpg
DSCN9438.jpg
DSCN9439.jpg
DSCN9440.jpg
DSCN9441.jpg
DSCN9442.jpg
DSCN9443.jpg

21 hours ago, Al Oregon said:

Great info.  Wow, 22.5 tons of cullet!  Now to get the book started..

Great work on saving all this history, Chuck. The contrast in the two cullet checks is interesting - the MK cullet is a penny a pound, pretty typical I think. The one to Bogard Cullet Co. is a lot of cash. 

9 hours ago, Royal3 said:

Great work on saving all this history, Chuck. The contrast in the two cullet checks is interesting - the MK cullet is a penny a pound, pretty typical I think. The one to Bogard Cullet Co. is a lot of cash. 

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Pretty sure 13.5K worth of cullet is a lifetime's worth and maybe then some. Who knows.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I have tons more but it would mostly be boring. They spent a lot on natural gas lol, imagine that! 

Here I have matched up the invoice from Vitro, the check it was paid with, and the stub. Notice the time lapsed between the date the invoice was issued and when it was paid. 😮

DSCN0332.jpg

• Like 3