Noodleloaf

ID help please - CAC Cyclone/Cobra or fake?

I'm hoping cyclone/cobraCobra1.jpg.b20364d0e4a0ae46ec9db6034ba3bba8.jpg but I've never seen one in person so really not sure what this is.  It did come with a LOT of possible higher value CACs.  Thanks!

I'm still relatively new, so for me "lots" of "higher-value" means a dozen $50+ each.  

Here are a few larger photos in case it helps - including a sad photo of the side with damage. It does have yellow, orange, black and a greenish-tinted white.  Does the whitish color tip in in CAC favor or could still be Vacor?

Also, it is 0.56-0.58 inches depending on where I measure (not on the chip) if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

P1010471.jpg.27d2fa61afee8c7a853e7a06db5749a4.jpgFrame-24-11-2019-05-30-37.jpg.76b2fa6c1f15aa409a6732e0ec9b4ba1.jpgP1010474.jpg.474f1f3905f2e6c3463b077eee2c3aa3.jpg

The only way to identify as a Christensen agate cyclone is to locate a cut line on the clear glass. A loupe will help you locate it.

At that size I'd rule out Vacor Atmosphere (knowing the size is a good way to narrow down possibilities).  Does have similar colors/size to a Vacor Sunflower, although I haven't seen an example with white.  Pattern looks like it could be CAC.  I'll sit back on the sidelines and see what the people more familiar with these have to say.

Some CAC traits: clarity of glass, brightness of colors, being slightly out of round, the "ear" (first pic, the orange) and the cut line (last pic, left side, about 9 o'clock?).

Appears it has them all, I just can't be sure about the cut line.

11 hours ago, dannyboy said:

Appears it has them all, I just can't be sure about the cut line.

The 9 o'clock must have been a reflection.  I can't locate a second seam even with a loupe.  

There is an interesting sharp cut off in the last black fleck (see below) which seems to extend beyond the fleck with a barely noticeable change in the glass to the left, but I wouldn't think it is a seam.  It is odd how the fleck is stretched at one angle (see 1st pic of additional photos) but a straight line at another angle.  Would a dealer be able to confirm if I took it to a show?  Being in FL there's no place I know to get an expert opinion.  

P1010560.jpg.df57321a4b13057986673809050f78cc.jpgP1010556.jpg.105addf68750373483dda53802c0326c.jpg

Cyclones I have seen usually have a single cut line. I actually do not remember seeing any with two cut lines. They are also most of the time small in size although I have seen up to 23/32”.

On 12/2/2019 at 4:15 PM, dannyboy said:

Is that bubbles in the glass or damage?

There are small bubbles in the glass, but second to last set of pictures is surface damage.

I think I've figured something out - see if this makes sense: it appears to me to be a CAC cyclone that has been damaged and polished.  I noticed a somewhat slippery feel to the marble and much of the surface pits are rounded and smooth rather than sharp like I have seen on other marbles.

Can polishing make detection of the seam more difficult?  

In any case, I appreciate all the feedback.  Time for me to move on to other puzzles!

Polishing would erase the cut line and would be a bad idea for this sort of marble but it is totally possible if there was nothing to lose to begin with.