Steph

Advent Calendar? Suddenly I am in the holiday spirit

What a special and entirely unexpected arrival came in the mail today. Thank you to "The Gang".   I'll try to hold up my end!  

8Jm1r4T.jpg

Wow! That looks like great fun but do you (or any of us) have the patience to only open one compartment per day?

Shuddering to think what might be in that stocking, though. Be careful! 😁

lol ... I don't think we ever did the advent calendar right when I was young ... 

Here's the part I'm allowed to open before Sunday. ^_^

West Virginia diamonds -- Pennsboro Alleys :wub:

yMCpRZd.jpg

8WBt2gO.jpg

And apparently I let slip a time or two how Bumbleebees are my sentimental favorite  :wub:

1DaxhOl.jpg

Your own Alley marble dig complete with original factory dirt isn't too shabby for being naughty.

That's a nice little hive of bees!

Now comes the hard part: waiting and resisting peeking.

31 minutes ago, Al Oregon said:

OK Steph - now you have to identify the marble(s) in each day.  That'll help everyone.

Agreed. She needs to sweat a little bit more than from just opening them. ;) So far it's been mostly Vitty but today I'm seeing a monster Akro.

LOL ... I tried to figure out what that big Moss Agate would be called today.  I even did both a Google search and a forum search.  But  I still wasn't sure.  

4 minutes ago, Steph said:

LOL ... I tried to figure out what that big Moss Agate would be called today.  I even did both a Google search and a forum search.  But  I still wasn't sure.  

Ace Moss Agate Jolly Ringer

Day 3 ... one of these had a piece of paper which said 10/2/2008 ... but I opened both before I saw the paper. :)  Gotta be the bigger one -- making it a Jabo Ace. 

The busy little one ... it's so glossy, my first guess was Jabo on it --- one of the especially flamy runs which I haven't seen in person unless this is one?  Or ... Alley?  Gonna need help on this one. :)

N12bqow.jpg?1

have yourself a merry little Christmas

2 hours ago, bumblebee said:

That's a purty Jabo.

I admire your self-control. I cannot imagine being this patient with marble mail!

If I didn't have the daily photo requirement to keep me on the strait and narrow they'd all be open! :P

Day 6 ...

ZFfD7w1.jpg

For Christmas pudding we have spotted dick!  :o

ILXaTXc.jpg

I'm uncertain on the swirl ... I don't recognize the texture of the base glass.  It comes across as tan but it is also clear with sort of wispy and/or filamented ribbons in it.   Is that a Ravenswood thing?  Is it Alley in spite of being tan?  

Wow a spotted dick soccer ball. That's not something I've ever seen out in the wilds of America.

The swirl gets my patented "WV swirl" shrug.

This thread is getting me into the holiday spirit. Time to hang Christmas lights!