Steph

Advent Calendar? Suddenly I am in the holiday spirit

I need to keep taking a daily marble picture when this is over.  Just think how much nicer life would be if everyone took a marble picture a day.  ^_^

xYHTB4S.jpg

Andre is looking pretty good for a ghost 😆 That’s one fine Bee! Sweet MM too - is that a Liberty? 

Royal, I'll need some help later with the red, white and blue ... it also has yellow ... and green flakes which make me think of a Jabo contract run.  

Sounds like it a contract “hit” lol - I’m sure one of Santa’s helpers has a tag somewhere. 

Ooops ... that last one was Day 18.  Today is Day 19.  Head spinning.  :blink:

I thought the cork was going to have a Carnelian glow.  It doesn't.  That's okay.  It's still  a beauty.  The photo made it look more mossy inside than it does in hand -- but that's probably what it is -- a moss agate.  One of those "exquisite" ones from the Akro ads. :)

But the swirl on Day 6 does have a Carnelian glow ... the one I thought was Alley or Ravenswood ... how swirly could Carnelians be? 

cN9rxB7.jpg

I'm opening the rest.  Right now!

no I'm not 
but I want to

I'm starting to think about what I could do with the case.  I'll want to sort the marbles.  But I could sort them back into the case and add more. 

Could put foam inserts with holes to secure five marbles in each compartment.   With one style of marble in each compartment.   And the glass top.  Could be nice/educational for non-marble friends to know what I'm into.

Wow nice Easter Egg.

The case would look nice anywhere in the house and you could use it to train guests to spot marbles you like next time the find them in the wild.

Maybe start catching up on taking pictures of my Dave McCullough marbles?

But I don't even have today's picture taken.  Has been a hectic day so far.

Day 23.  Tomorrow is going to be another long day for reasons that have nothing to do with Christmas -- so it's bonus hecticness!   

Today's selection is color-coordinated.  I could have rolled the Jabo around to make it look like an even better match to the other two marbles but this angle was more informative. :)  The boulder wowed me when I thought it only had two ribbons colors.  Then I saw the third.

O6jzt5n.jpg

I cheated.  I opened the Christmas Eve compartment.  And I'm hyperventilating.

I know I don't really deserve all of this but I'm so very grateful for such good marble friends who are so sweet and generous.  

.... I'll post the marbles tomorrow :) 

Merry Christmas!  I do hope everyone has a blessed day tomorrow.  

These marbles?  One was on my wishlist for 2020. One was on my wishlist for "sometime".  One I never even thought about fantasizing about having. One I don't remember ever seeing before and I'll need to spend some more time trying to do it photographic justice.   I've spent this whole month in a state of amazement.  I am still stunned and misty-eyed.

w3G8o2y.jpg

72 minutes of Christmas cheer  

Wow....all incredible marbles. I don't even know what the top one is, but I found myself making cave man noises over it. Hope to see more angles of them after Christmas.

Clearly you are worthy of these nice marbles. Thank you for sharing the joy of extended Christmas marble mail with us!