What are your marble resolutions?

Steph

I resolve to restore at least one photo per day to the archival threads which got broken because the photos were at Photobucket.  That would be at least 366 photos for the year.  That would be a good hunk of pix.  

TvBFN8B.jpg

My resolution is to clean out my collection, and FOCUS on my favorites. I have had the hoarder mentality for far too long, buying all vintage mibs regardless. 
I have recently been giving away small bags to kids at local antique shows to help keep the hobby alive. (Along with a cigar box to keep them in. Another bad habit...)

i also throw mibs around at local playgrounds, in the tradition of Galen.

I'm with Schmoozer. I have too many of certain types (like Vitro Tiger Eyes) that I have no practical way of displaying (enjoying) so I want to thin those out and focus on displaying the favorites creatively.

I'm also thinking of putting all my individually stored "odd ball" marbles into a single container that I can look at all the time. So many weird ones bunched together would be far more interesting to my eyes, though my instinct to not have mint marbles touching may need some coaxing.

On 1/1/2020 at 5:05 PM, Steph said:

I resolve to restore at least one photo per day to the archival threads which got broken because the photos were at Photobucket.  That would be at least 366 photos for the year.  That would be a good hunk of pix. 

There still might be a way to view your library and save the images to your desktop.  Worked for me a couple weeks ago, which was really nice,  since PB usually freezes up my whole system

57 minutes ago, I'llhavethat1 said:

There still might be a way to view your library and save the images to your desktop.  Worked for me a couple weeks ago, which was really nice,  since PB usually freezes up my whole system

I went ahead and signed up on the $4.99 a month plan.  That stops them from freezing up the computer.  The pictures I'm trying to replace in the threads now are ones I downloaded to my computer and then deleted from Photobucket as I tried to get the image number down into something which wouldn't give me warning messages about having too many images. 

So, I have the pix on my computer and am uploading them to imgur, and then to here.  Of course since the Akro pix were the most important to me, those are the ones I made inaccessible with this not-well-thought-out plan.

But ... I'm working on it!