Goofy things you do because you collect marbles?

Steph

I was just writing to a neighbor about a cat in the alley ... and I had to backspace to remove the capital A from alley. :)

If I'm talking about going on some adventure, I often have to backspace to add in a d ...... 

I'm betting there have been more than one person who thought to themselves, "Oh man, I should not have asked Chuck about marbles... mental note, avoid that topic from now on... I didn't want to talk about them for 2 hours".  More than once someone has asked about marbles and before long I'm toting boxes of marbles into the living room lol. I've had dreams about marbles too, and arrowheads.

Oh I get all kinds of anxious when someone holds a marble over something hard. Almost panicky if it's a good one. I've had so many marbles dropped and I've dropped some myself. I've dropped someone else's marble once. I dropped a fellow collector's marble once so far, it belonged to John S. and I was over concrete at Ron's house :o . Thankfully it didn't hurt it. You can't handle marbles and not drop one at some point no matter how hard you try. 

I fantasize about amazing scores. One involves finding a 50-gallon drum filled with marbles at an old picker's homestead.

The other is discovering an entire railroad car filled with Akro marbles.

My mind has worked out my strategy how I will sort through these marbles and also how to sell many without over-saturating the market.

Of course my mind insists these marbles aren't Chinese checkers or clearies. ;)

I hate it when I am at auctions and people pick up handfuls of marbles and let them rain down into the container. I will tell the auctioneer to put the marbles up front so they won't be damaged if I want to bid on them.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm cleaning house today, Steph. Can send you some WV dirt. 

I find myself asking random people if they have/collect marbles. There is a mower repair shop in Ravenswood and I fight the urge to call the owner and ask if he collects marbles. He just looks like one of those people. I also imagine searching an abandoned school yard and finding lots marbles. 

I've decided.  I'm going to sift the dirt off and put it in a baggie and then clean the marbles and put them in my Pennsboro box.  :)  

I better do that before  too much Wisconsin dust gets mixed in with the WV dirt.