Akro or Peltier?

rockgardenplants

Such an odd duck, eh? So is the Akro that I posted. As I get more into my Dad's collection I keep finding some really cool marbles. Before he passed 5 years ago he had sold all the marbles that he identified (loved Popeyes!) and if there was something he wasn't familiar with he would put it in one of his "LATER" boxes.

Hi RockGardenPlants and Steph,  I just thought I'd share a marble that just feels similar to your marble.  My marble is .60" and has that same seaweed brown "ribbon", but more sparse.  The white is like a wispy slightly translucent base that you can see into when sitting on a phone light.  In black light I see fluorescent orange tracing the ribbon and it also seems to go into the marble like threads of a fungus. I really didn't pay much attention to this marble that I found in a huge jar.  I put it on the side because it was in pretty mint condition.  Now as I look at it in detail, it is quite beautiful.  Anyway, not sure if it is the same type of marble, but thanks for making me investigate more.  It reminds me of an akro moonie that I just got (another marble that I just so happened to find soon after seeing a post of Steph's about these). Except no orange glow aside from the strands. Sorry about the poor quality of the pics. --Gail

IMG_3826 2.jpg

IMG_3832.jpg

IMG_3833.jpg

IMG_3836.jpg

IMG_3837.jpg