rockgardenplants

What is the offical or unofficial size of a "shooter"?

For tournament play the max size is usually 3/4".  

I remember getting a Marble King bag which said a shooter in every bag but it was hard to tell which marble was slightly larger than the rest.  When I found it, I had the impression that it was close to 5/8" and the rest of the marbles may have been slightly smaller.  So, for small fingers, shooters could be considered notably less than 3/4".  

And then in the unofficial category, there is the common practice of referring to everything 3/4" and larger as shooters.  

So how about that for covering every marble size higher than 9/16" .... 

5 hours ago, Steph said:

So how about that for covering every marble size higher than 9/16" .... 

@Steph Well, you answered my question! I didn't think of those little fingers using much smaller marbles than 3/4" for shooters.

When I was a "Den Mother" (hahahahahaha) the Cub Scouts could earn a metal clip-type accomplishment award to put on their belts. I'll bet you can guess which award they earned first... Yep! MARBLES! 

marbles-beltloop.png

2 hours ago, spara50 said:

00ee_1_b.JPG.6b8506b3a8c2274861ba9b43b122e247.JPG01c4_1.JPG.18863cda56e30adecb8ed4330ff6f504.JPG

Here's a gauge they would use in tournaments for marble sizes.

Those gauges are really amazing! It's incredible that it made it into the 21st century! Nice little display, too.