What are the odds? (Jabo related ...)

Marbleized

I was searching for some info on other companies that made marbles with the turkey head swirls besides the Christensens and found a forum that popped up with a photo of a marble that looked very similar to one that I got on eBay.  Funny thing is, that as I compared the photos to my marble, to my surprise, it was the exact same marble!  That made identification quick and easy! I discovered that Jabo also has turkey heads.  Marble collecting is full of surprises!  Just thought I'd include a photo of a few that were included in that lot.  I think they are all Jabos.  The more I look at Jabos, the more I fall in love with them.

IMG_4087.jpg

Yes, any swirl can make a turkey head pattern. CAC being famous for it since it happens more frequently on theirs. JABO classics were single fold marbles, meaning the ingot was short and fat and all it could do is fold in half to make the marble as it hit the rollers. This creates a C or U shape, the famous JABO buttcrack, and makes them easier to ID. Cairo also used this type of construction but usually a little more pattern and lesser quality glass and often bubbles. St. Mary's Alleys can sometimes have a similar construction and exhibit turkey heads or Cs. Vacor also occasionally can do this. It's a useful tool int he ID bag.