New here -- Bonniemarbles

bonniemarbles

Hi, "Bonnie marbles" here & I'm as new to the marble world as can be. At an auction in Aug last year I bid on a jar that had marbles in it. I wanted the jar & got marbles by default, looked at them & have been hooked ever since. I have posted some of my jar marbles in my album. Being new to the Connection, I have questions, like how do I get into conversations with others- I can't find a way. I just hope this gets to you and maybe you can tell me some tips- also, if you look at my pictures, you see I've got one in twice, but can't figure how to delete it or change it. This is long, but I really need help on marbles I can't identify, such as the bubble filled watermelon colored base marble with the yellow corkscrew in it, (my favorite one & what started my new passion). I hope I get a reply to this, Bonnie

Hi Bonnie. 

Welcome.   I haven't figured out how to make comments on photos in the gallery.  Used to be able to.   Something changed. 

If you go to any one of the subforums, such as the Marble ID forum, you should see a button near the top which says "Start Topic".  That should get you to where you can paste or upload a few marble pics for discussion.

You do  some nice marbles, I can see from the gallery.

p.s., other than "Akro corkscrew", I don't know a name for that favorite one of yours.   It's not a common one -- it doesn't fit into the basic styles that I know the Akro company names for.  Very pretty.  

22 hours ago, Steph said:

Hi Bonnie. 

Welcome.   I haven't figured out how to make comments on photos in the gallery.  Used to be able to.   Something changed. 

If you go to any one of the subforums, such as the Marble ID forum, you should see a button near the top which says "Start Topic".  That should get you to where you can paste or upload a few marble pics for discussion.

You do  some nice marbles, I can see from the gallery.

Hi Steph, thanks for the info-I shall work on learning about your suggestion, Bonnie

Hi Bonnie,  I just joined not too long ago.  I think the first time I posted something, I posted it 4 times by accident.  Steph and staff are very patient and helpful!  I liked your jar story.  I think that I should probably be saving the jars that I find the marbles in. LOL, the jar collectors would be furious with me for saying that!

Thanks for the feedback. I want so badly to post question; I've even started, then canceled out  because of uncertainty. I want to put a photo up, then ask about it, but right now the photos I want to post are doing a float job out there somewhere, & I don't have enough knowledge of computers to find them. I did learn finally how to  change out the duplicated photo in my album to the right one, but it took me & my husband many hours to do. The desire to become fluent in using the Marble Connection is becoming quite the lesson in computerism! Bonnie